FOR SCHOLARS WHO LIVE IN EAST HARTFORD
If you live in the town of East Hartford, please follow these steps to get your child’s Bus Route Information:
- Please go to: http://www.easthartford.org
- At the top of the page, you will click on the top that says Parents
- From the pop up screen, scroll down and click on Back to School Information.
- From that screen, click on student transportation.
- For specific routes, go to http://routes.dattco.com/pubehtfd/default.aspx?load=addressInput
FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER INCLUDING DELAYS AND CLOSINGS PLEASE VISIT HERE
For more information please call Pamela Renaud at: 860.622.5139
FOR STUDENTS WHO LIVE IN ANOTHER TOWN OTHER THAN EAST HARTFORD
If your child lives in another town other than East Hartford, please call CREC transportation at 860.524.4077 to get the bus route information or go to http://www.crec.org/transportation/crec_bus_routes.pdf
CREC transportation FAQs http://www.crec.org/transportation/faq.php
Inclement Weather (including delays and closings)
Please note that CTRA will follow East Hartford Public Schools cancellations or delayed openings due to inclement weather. If you see East Hartford listed on the local TV and radio stations, please follow that announcement. CTRA will also be listed, but we don’t normally show up until after East Hartford.
For your reference we have developed a Question and Answer sheet relating to Weather Delays. This information can be found on our website, www.ctriveracademy.org, as well as being listed below:
Weather Delays/Cancellations – FAQ
Your student’s transportation will be dependent upon the town that you reside in. (Example: if your home town cancels but CTRA is open, there will be no transportation provided for your child.)
90 minute delay – School starts at 9:15 a.m.
2 hour delay – School starts at 9:45 a.m.
How can I find out if school has been cancelled or delayed?
School delays and cancellations are listed on the following TV stations as well an online:
- WFSB-Channel 3 (wfsb.com)
- WVIT-Channel 30 (nbcconnecticut.com)
- Fox CT – Channel 61 (foxct.com/closing)
- WTNH – Channel 8 (wtnh.com)
My student attends CTRA but the town I live in has a 90 minute delay, what do I do?
Your student will be picked up at his/her bus stop 90 minutes later than their normal pick up time. (This delay may be later if the bus serves multiple towns – see below)
- If your student rides a bus that serves multiple towns, the bus operates on the longest delay of those towns. Families should be aware of what towns their student’s bus serves. That information can be found in the “Bus Route Information” section of our website at www.crec.org/transportation. Example: If Bloomfield and Windsor are transported on one vehicle to Classical Magnet School in Hartford and Hartford is on time, Bloomfield has a two hour delay, and Windsor has a 90 minute delay. The bus will run on a 2 hour delay because that is the longest delay on that route.
My student attends CTRA but the town I live in has a 2 hour delay, what do I do?
Your student will be picked up at his/her bus stop 2 hours later than their normal pick up time.
My student attends CTRA and the town that I live in has cancelled school because of the weather, do I have to bring my child to school?
If the town you live in has cancelled school due to inclement weather your student will be excused from school for that day. However, if CTRA is in session, and the student wishes to come to school, it is the responsibility of the parent to provide transportation to and from school on that day.
The town that I live in has just announced that they’re having an early dismissal due to the weather. How does this affect my student?
The sending town will notify CTRA that they are sending a bus to pick up their students. Students will be released to their bus when it arrives.
CTRA has just announced that they’re having an early dismissal due to the weather. How does this affect my student?
CTRA would contact all the sending towns to inform them of the early dismissal. In most cases the sending towns are dismissing early as well. Early dismissals are typically at noon.
Thank you for your continued support. If you have any questions, please contact (860) 913-2200.